Rss Feed
  1. Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
    My rating: 2 of 5 stars

    Title: Anne of Green Gables
    Author: L.M. Montgomery
    Publisher: Girlebooks
    Num. of pages: 398 pages
    Published: January 2011

    Anne of Green Gables is the first of a series of books about redheaded orphan Anne Shirley from Prince Edward Island, Canada. Published in 1908, Lucy Maud Montgomery found her inspiration for the book in a story she wrote at a young age describing a couple that was mistakenly sent an orphan girl instead of a boy but decided to keep her. She also drew upon her own childhood experiences in on the Island. Recently considered a children's book, Anne of Green Gables was originally intended as a novel for all ages.

    Review

    I don't know. It was just not my cup of tea. I have read "Heidi" and "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm" which have a kinda similiar story, but so far I only like Heidi.

    The whole story was fine, I think. There were some funny parts and I quite like the characters. Anne is very high spirited and has a lot of fantasies.

    So, I dunno. Maybe I just don't suit with this kind of story.

    This book is for the following reading challenges:
    - 2013 New Authors Reading Challenge
    - 2013 Books in English Reading Challenge
    - 2013 What's in A Name Reading Challenge
    - 2013 Color Coded Reading Chalenge


    View all my reviews

  2. 0 comments :

    Post a Comment