Rss Feed
  1. Resident Evil: The Umbrella ConspiracyResident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy by S.D. Perry
    My rating: 5 of 5 stars

    Title: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy
    Author: S.D. Perry
    Publisher: Titan Books
    Num. of pages: 288 pages
    Published: September 2012 (first published 1998)

    Raccoon City: a remote mountain community suddenly besieged by a rash of grisly murders. At the epicenter, a dark secluded mansion belonging to the mysterious Umbrella Corporation.

    Deployed to investigate the strange goings-on is the Special Tactics and Rescue Squad (S.T.A.R.S.) but what unfolds as the team penetrate the mansion's long-locked doors is terror beyond their worst nightmares.

    Review

    I accidentally stumbled upon this RE novelization when I looked upon the recent original comic. After reading this, I'm glad that this book follows the game very well.

    I really like that S.D. Perry stayed faithfull to the game's story line and add some explanations of her own that are in sync with the story, like why the crows at the painting-puzzle room will attack if you hit the buttons in wrong order.

    I also like how she gave personalities to the characters that, for me, again, are in sync with the characters from the game.

    Pre reading the book, I was hoping that the author would put some of the "lame" (or funny) dialogues from the game. She did put the "Jill sandwich" thing, but there were no "master of unlocker" or "this mansion is dangerous" by Richard (I don't know about you, but Richard's dying line was, well, quite amusing for me. Did you deduce it from the snake that attacked you, or from the zombies that were roaming the mansion?)

    I do think that the battles were quite short. I wish there were more actions. Maybe Jill could just fight the spider instead of found it dead. Although, the rest of the actions were quite satisfying.

    Overall, I really enjoyed the book. It was fun to read a game's novelization and it was well written as well. The book was a page turner and I felt happy and satisfied when I reached the end.

    Now, off to the third book. (Yeah, I didn't buy the second of the series. Maybe later.)

    This book is for the folowing reading chalenge:
    - 2013 New Authors Reading Challenge
    - 2013 Books in English Reading Challenge


    View all my reviews


  2. 0 comments :

    Post a Comment