Rss Feed
  1. Review: Heaven on Earth - Kaka H Y

    Friday, January 4, 2013

    Heaven on EarthHeaven on Earth by Kaka HY
    My rating: 1 of 5 stars

    Title: Heaven on Earth
    Author: Kiki H Y
    Publisher: GagasMedia
    Pages: vii+256 pages
    Published: 2011 (the version I read is the 7th print, 2012)

    "Heaven on Earth" follows the story of two high school girls. There is Carla who has a single-parent mom and a younger brother she hates so much. There is also Lorent, Carla's best friend, who is eager to bring her divorced parents together and try to separate her father from his current girlfriend.

    Two young girls with two family problems. What kind of ending waits for both of them?

    Review

    Oh, great. The first book I read in 2013 was a 5 stars and the second book is a one star. What sign is this?

    The book has a very high selling point I think. It has a beautiful cover and a melancholic-longing kind of blurb. Kind of book that is hype in Indonesia right now. But then it didn't deliver.

    When I read the blurb, I was expecting some kind of longing and passionate love story or about a supporting family or about two BFF facing difficult times, but then I got a bland story.

    The two heroines, Carla and Lorent are very similiar. There are times when I got myself confused whose part I was reading.

    The story was too weak for me and I've read many similiar novels with a stronger storylines.

    "Well, maybe you're too old for this kind of YA/teenlit book. Well, the book has went through 7 times reprint."

    I don't think so. My 15 y.o. sister, the owner of this book, called the book, "Boring and has no climax." So, I'm not the only one.

    This book is for the following reading challenges:
    - 2013 TBR Pile


    View all my reviews


  2. 0 comments :

    Post a Comment